Saint Teresa of the Child Jesus
Seniors, remember that you have been challenged this week! Please scroll down a little to see the question your leader has posted. If it remains unanswered by the weekend (September 21st) then the leaders or Father Rodriguez will answer it. There are directions for posting comments in the entry below the Marian Mass pictures; follow those instructions.
Here’s Jenn’s question:
Senior Question Challenge:Which pope was beheaded and died as a martyr under the persecution by Emperor Valerian?(Hint: He was Greek by birth.)
The Answer is: SAINT SIXTUS II! Well done, Ellie!
*Pope photo by Marvin PA
*? photo by Oberazzi
Directions for posting comments or questions:
1. Click on “#Smart Readers” below the entry.
2. Type your comment or question in the box.
3. If you have a google account, use it to sign in. If not, click on name and enter your name OR if you would rather remain anonymous, you may click anonymous.
4. Click “PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT”
5. Remember that comments are moderated. This means that they will not appear on the site until I approve them. I intend to check for comments or questions twice per day.
Students, you should be thinking about the activities that they will be able to volunteer for, as there will be sign-up sheets at the Ice Cream Social. Remember: you are expected to help out with these events as a part of your Stewardship to our Parish! 😉
We will need students to:
1. Pick up chairs after the Marian Mass; this takes very little time
2. Paint children’s faces at the Church Picnic October 5th–1/2 hour shift
3. Work at the Parish Bazaar in November
Later in the year:
1. Work briefly after Mass for the Souper Bowl Collection
2. Meet to fill easter eggs and work at the easter egg hunt and bike parade
3. Pray at the abortion clinic during Lent
4. Juniors–work at the Senior reception in May
Photo Credit to: shadphotos via flickr.com
Wednesday, September 3rd will be our Ice Cream Social, the opening event of Youth JAM for the school year. We will start at 7:00 in the evening and will finish by 8:30. Meet on the SOUTH side of the school. The activity is primarily for students, but parents are encouraged to come for registration, if possible, and are welcome to stay if they wish.
At this time, students should register. Registration forms will be provided. We request a $25 donation per student, but no more than $50 per family. If you pay by check, please make the check payable to St. Teresa Parish. The registration fee is used for materials, books, activities we sponsor, and large group activities throughout the year.
If you have questions, you may contact Aubrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 489-3599.
We’re looking forward to this year!
St. Maria Goretti, patroness of youth, pray for us!
Welcome to your Youth JAM web gathering place. The calendar, details about events, and reminders will be posted here. After each event, pictures will be posted here in blog format. You are welcome to comment on the blog postings. The comments will be moderated before they are posted. Questions posted–any questions–will be answered. Enjoy!